My Setup and Tools - July 2016
Publish date: 01 Jul 2016
Here is my development setup list of tools.
- VS 2015 community edition
- Jet Brains Resharper ( paid )
- Productivity Power Tools 2015 (free plugin to VS2015)
- Web Essentials 2015.5 (free plugin for VS2015)
- animate.css for nice bouncy effects
- Templating engine underscore.js
- Less to css or use http://css2less.co for legacy css to less conversion (makes my css� code clearner in my VS project).
- Bootstrap , input group , components -> search button to the right of the text box
- Dependency Injection library: NinJect.MVC5 ver: 220.127.116.11
- Use convention over configuration PM>install-package Ninject.extensions.conventions
- Unit Testing tools (add to Test project): Moq PM> install-package moq -version:4.2.1510.2205
- Unit Testing tools (add to Test project): FluentAssertions PM> install-package FluentAssertions -version:3.3.0
- Unit Testing a repository. google.com.au search for ‘mock dbset’ to get code from MSDN. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn314429.aspx. Use that code to populate my DBSet for testing.
- Integration Test: (Integration Test project) use nUnit because it has a feature to initialization databases that MSTest does not have.
PM> install-package nunit -version:2.6.3
- DotCover by JetBrains - to find how much of our code is covered by our tests