New Year’s resolutions don’t always seem to stick, when you visit them in February. So this year I’ve waited till the end of January to make mine. I was inspired by this post The Ultimate Guide to your best year ever which breaks it down real nice. Here are a few gems:
- decide this will be your best year…ever. Will you do your life’s work (programming) starting this year?
- adopt a growth mindset, adopt an abundance mindset, adopt a mastery mindset
- “Who do you need to become, to be the kind of person you want to be?”
- “Who do you want to be, and what experiences do you want to create?”
- Word for the Year: Epic
- Daily habits, set Goals and Inspired actions
- A attitude of Gratitude
- “Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much of Today” - Will Rogers
What a fantastic post, and it is written by none other than J.D.Meier of Getting Results the Agile Way fame. I purchased that one a while ago.
Also this post by Scott Hanselman Advice to my 20 year old self helped especially:
- Avoid drama, in relationships and friends
- Network your butt off. Talk to everyone nice.
- Make sure they aren’t transactional networkers
- Nice people don’t keep score
- They generously share their network
- And ask for nothing in return but your professionalism
My own catch phrases are:
- Calm Down
- Let it go
- Be nice
In short order, in 2020 I will focus on getting fitter, study with deliberate practice and become mindful of my work life balance. I’ve got plans…